Sunday, September 1, 2013

It's Official, I'm Out of Time

When I first started this blog, I needed a distraction. I love to write and I love to cook, so there you go. But now I have too many distractions. They're called my 4-year-old and my 2-year-old.

Let's face it, the days of being able to flip though a cooking magazine and then spend an hour at the market finding some ridiculous ingredients are over. Instead I spend 10 minutes at the park trying to get the two kids to look at the camera at the same time.


Yep, photo fail.

Cooking is beginning to fail for me too. I still love it, I just don't have the time. Yes, I still have saffron in my spice cabinet. But I also have Kraft Macaroni and Cheese in the pantry. Guess which gets used more often.

Not that any of this is a bad thing. Lives change, priorities changes, people change. I still love to cook, and I still subscribe to those cooking magazines. But cooking those special dishes will be reserved for birthdays and holidays. Not every days.

As for this blog, I want to... What? Your brother did what? He put it where?

Never mind, I'm out of time.

No comments:

Post a Comment