Saturday, September 15, 2012

Pesto, The Right Way

Doesn't the iPhone take nice pictures?
Five ingredients shouldn't be hard to screw up, but I've done it. The first time I made pesto, I left the shells on the nuts. Yes, somewhere they sell pine nuts with the shells on, like you're gonna want to de-shell each nut by hand.

Three years later, I'm at it again. Same five ingredients, sans the shells. And while it wasn't perfect (I didn't measure the ingredients) it was pretty damn close. Here's my recipe:

- 15-20 leaves off my basil plant
- A handful of pine nuts (shell free)
- Two garlic cloves, chopped

Put in a food processor, and pulse while adding olive oil. Continue to add olive oil (about a 1/2 cup) until smooth.

When finished, mix in a handful of grated parmesan.

Toss with warm pasta, or whatever you like.

P.S. This does not count as a recipe. I still need to make something this weekend. Tomorrow, we head to the store!

No comments:

Post a Comment