Sunday, June 6, 2010

Frozen Yogurt is all the Rave in Las Vegas

In the last couple of months, two new frozen yogurt shops have opened in my neighborhood. I'm sure it's the same all around the valley. Yougurtland, U Swirl, Golden Spoon, Menchie's.. you name it, we got it.

I guess I shouldn't be surprised - It's the desert, it's hot as hell, and yogurt is pretty cheap. But still, it's surprising to see new businesses open when the economy is such crap in Las Vegas. Surprising in a good way I should say.

I checked out the new Menchie's by my house yesterday. It's hidden in a neighborhood near Russell Rd. and Hualapai Way. I have to admit, I didn't know it was a yogurt place. What does Menchie mean anyway?

I guess it doesn't matter because their yogurt is pretty good. They had all the basic flavors and some fun ones too: Angel Food Cake, Hawaiian Delight Sorbet, Red Velvet Cake, Watermelon Tart. They also have a big toppings bar. Like most places, it's self serve and they charge you by weight.

I had a Cake Batter with strawberries, crushed graham crackers and marshmallow creme. Yum.

For me, when it comes to yogurt, it's pretty much all the same. But two things made this place stand out - They have a kids party room with a giant chalkboard wall, and their large patio has misters and fans! Just another way to stay cool in the desert.

No comments:

Post a Comment